Monday, October 24, 2011

100% of 5K money going to Jacob now

In previous posts we’ve told you of the amazing teenagers at Spanish Fork High School who made Jacob their little mascot for the year and are doing fundraisers to help us pay for his treatments. We continue to be amazed by their generosity and goodness. Today we were amazed even more.

The track coach, Alyssa Larsen, called me today to tell me that now instead of $10 of the $15 registration fee (or $15 of the $20-day-of registration fee) going to Jacob, all of it will go to him; the entire amount of each registration. This is possible because these amazing teenagers spent their fall break going around to local businesses getting sponsors for the T-shirts, the food and the raffle prizes. Because businesses are sponsoring these other expenses 100% of the money to register for the 5K fun run will go to Jacob’s medical treatment.

I’ve been at a loss for words to express gratitude for everyone who has helped us these past three weeks, and I’m still stunned almost silent. How does a person say ‘thank you’ for such kindness? What kind of wonderful teenagers spend their fall break getting sponsors for a fundraiser for a boy they’ve never even met yet? (By the way, we are all so excited to be at the 5K this Saturday and meet these incredible people. I hope that Jacob’s counts are high enough for him to attend the event!)

Truly, how do I thank these people? You people. You are amazing. As I’ve already said, I have a sincere desire to be a better person because of the goodness of the people all around us. And, if anyone has any ideas how we might thank, recognize and honor these wonderful kids putting this together for us, will you let me know? :)

Information about the 5K as well as a link to register are in the previous post.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy for you! Congratulations and thank you to those who are doing this!

    ReplyDelete