Sunday, October 23, 2011

5K Fun Run for Jacob This Saturday! *Updated*

Spanish Fork High is sponsoring a 5k/Fun Run for Jacob this coming Saturday. A few days ago we received a flyer on our door for this event. It reads:

"Come join us for a good time to help raise money for Jacob Woodward, a 5-year old boy that was recently diagnosed with Leukemia.

"WHERE: Spanish Fork High School (99 North 300 West, Spanish Fork, Utah, 84660)

"WHEN: October 29, 2011 @ 8:00 am

"COST: Preregistration ~ $15. Registration Day of ~ $20

"HOW TO REGISTER: *To Pre-register Online CLICK HERE. To register in person come to SFHS Finance Office to pay and fill out a participation form (closes Oct. 28th @ 3:00 p.m.). *Registration Day-Of: Come to SFHS Bus Loop at 7:30 am and we'll have forms there.

"WHO: ANYBODY!!! Friends, Family, Strollers, 4 year-olds, etc. We need as many as we can get!

"* A T-shirt will be given to everyone who participates along with hot chocolate, fruit, and snacks... Come Help Jacob!

"Any Questions? Contact Sadie Ethington (801-367-2300) or Alyssa Larsen (801-380-6280)"

Isn't that amazing? They told us that $10 of each entry fee will be going to Jacob. I imagine the rest will go to covering the costs of the t-shirts and hot chocolate. The cool thing is that this is the day after Jacob's 6th birthday and the last day of "phase one" of his chemotherapy. We look forward to symbolically beginning the next leg of Jacob's journey by participating in this 5K!

5 comments:

  1. Scott and Sara,
    I am writing a Daily Herald story about the fun run and Jacob. If you can contact me today, Monday, Oct. 24, that would be so great. My story is due this afternoon, so I will quote your blog if I haven't heard from you. Thank you! Hilary Hendricks, 801.380.3871

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for Jacob & your family! I will also share your blog on a blog that I write for. Stay strong & have a blessed day! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I wish I could run with you! Maybe Saturday I'll run around here anyway and make my own Jacob t-shirt....Of course since I can't run because of my car accident I'll walk and pretend I'm running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystal Plott is a friend of mine, and she posted this on FB, and I am a Spanish Fork local and saw the sign at Macey's. I am already running another race on Saturday, but I truly wish you all the best for Saturday.

    I will be following your little Jacob, and I hope his progress goes well. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers through your journey. We had our now 2 year old in PCMC when he was 10 days old from a blood clot (stroke). It was so scary, and I can totally relate to being over whelmed with the out pouring of love, and hoping I would have done the same thing. I try so hard to help others so much more than I did before. Our little boy is doing amazing and people are always shocked to hear what he's been through. I hope your out come is wonderful.

    Oh, and I have been following a blog similar to this one that is about a little girl named Faye. She's just turned 5 I think, and she just finished her cemo treatments and is in remission (for less than a month now). Here is the link in case you want to check it or whatever. http://www.fayesfight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. American Leadership Academy has advertised with its staff and student body for the 5K and we are happy to announce that we will be doing a dress down day for Jacob. All proceeds from the dress down day will go to Jacob.

    Jacob started kindergarten at ALA this year and we sure do miss seeing his happy face around here. We love you Jacob!

    ReplyDelete