Wednesday, October 5, 2011

2 Nephi 2:1-2

1 And now, Jacob, I speak unto you: Thou art my first-born in the days of my tribulation in the wilderness. And behold, in thy childhood thou hast suffered afflictions and much sorrow....

2 Nevertheless, Jacob, my first-born in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.

I found this scripture a day or two before the diagnosis. It came as a result of study following a Relief Society lesson the previous Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. I knew when I met you Sara and Scott Years ago at EFY that you were incredible people. How fitting to have celestial children as well...I needed your posts this morning more than you know. What a powerful little family, one that I am sure is feeling pain that I cannot imagine. You have a follower...in more ways than in your Blog. I love you. Tell that Jacob of yours...he is meant to fight and he is in my prayers...as well as all of you. Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Sara. I was reading conference talks this morning and came upon this quote by Richard G. Scott:
    "Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high. They can become the key to open the channel to communion with our Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ... They can become stalwart friends that are not limited by geography or calendar. They are always available when needed. Their use provides a foundation of truth that can be awakened by the Holy Ghost. Learning, pondering, searching, and memorizing scriptures is like filling a filing cabinet with friends, values, and truths that can be called upon anytime, anywhere in the world."
    When I read that, I couldn't stop thinking about this scripture you posted. How blessed we are to have scriptures that were written for us and can give us so much strength in our times of need. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete